Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Clean Well-Lighted Booksite


Recently, I was searching online for information about a book of poetry by Felice Holman entitled At the Top of My Voice.

One of the images that came up in the search caught my attention, mostly because the artwork was by Edward Gorey who has always been a favorite of mine.


When I clicked on the image to get a better look, the thought that struck me immediately was how well presented the photograph of the book was.  It was almost like you could reach into the image and pick up the book.


I chose to follow a prompt that said "visit the page" to find out where the image originated.  This led me to a beautiful website for vintage books called BOOK/SHOP.




This was the image that greeted me when I first opened their webpage:

(it is on their page entitled "About Us")


















This image seems to be a suggestion for the way to live in a space with books.  The entire site is beautifully presented.  Simple. Spare. Clean. Well-lighted. With an interesting selection of rare and unusual books.


They have opened a bookstore in the Oakland, CA area.  This is the storefront sign:


















Here is the link to their website:

BOOK/SHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment